right now i'm savoring sitting on my couch and sipping on coffee in the still, quiet, june-gloomy morning. life is about to get real crazy, summer is my busy time, and i just want to hold on to this moment of serenity. starting next week it's back to back graduations to attend, women's retreat, houseboats, weddings, bbqs and beach days and other various events with my students, camping, AFRICA, south carolina, and about a million things in between. my iCal is starting to look like a box of crayons (one of those big boxes with the obscure colors.)
but in the midst of it all i want to remember to enjoy my life, so i'm starting a list:
- finally get patio furniture and turn our backyard space into something magical.
- detox and keep my fridge stocked with fresh fruit.
- master making the perfect sangria.
- write letters and send packages to far away friends.
- take puppy to the beach often.
- try new recipes and get better at this cooking thing.
- finally visit this little lady and see her new place.
- read east of eden for the third time (as well as the 200 other books on my list.)
- save my monies and finally get that bike.
- make time to do nothing.
and it goes on and on and on.
a picture of magical patios past.